15 best online flower delivery services in UK 2022 : Next day flower delivery
A quick Google search for the best online flower delivery services going to vomit thousands results, Flowering & Wild and Appleyard to the lesser known flower delivery companies with free next day delivery. And it’s not hard to see why. Fresh flowers will forever be a timeless and much-loved way to show your loved ones that you care – and also a lovely gift to yourself. (According to Serenata flowersthere has been a 300% increase in the number of people buying flowers for themselves lately – a sentiment we can totally accept).
But with so many online florists offering everything from letterbox flowers to artificial flowers, flower subscription services, orchids, tulips and giant fresh flower arrangements for very special occasions, the choice can be overwhelming. Where is the best for birthday flowers? Which service offers the best delivery options? Does my local florist deliver?
With the aim of helping you in mind – and (ahem) that purpose only – we set out to review the creme de la creme of online flower delivery just-in-time services for your Mother’s Day flower order. We have marked each of them upon delivery, the bouquets themselves and whether their freshness guarantees have been met. Here’s our pick of the bunch (sorry).
Which online flower site is the best?
At a glance, here is our selection of best flower delivery services if you want to place an order now. You can find more information about each online florist below.
- Best flower delivery service overall: Flowering & Wild
- Best Next Day Flower Delivery Service: Serenata flowers
- Best Mailbox Flower Delivery Service: Flowering & Wild
- Best flower delivery service for a low carbon footprint: Bloom
- Best flower delivery service in London: apple blossoms
- Best Flower Delivery Service On A Budget: Teleflorist
- Best flower delivery service for Sunday delivery: MRS
- Best flower delivery service for indoor plants and baskets: clusters
- Best flower delivery service for same day delivery: flower station
- Best Ethical Flower Delivery Service: arena flowers
Who has the cheapest flower delivery?
How do I make my flowers last longer?
There’s no point in spending over £25 on a beautiful bouquet of the freshest spring flowers if they’re going to last. Here are our top tips, gathered from expert florists, to keep your flower bouquets alive longer:
- First, change the water your spring bouquet lives in once every few days. If your vase is plastic or metal (more on that later), try changing your water once a day. The water will turn cloudy when it is ready to be changed.
- Always fill your vase with cold water. Not Hot water.
- Likewise, whatever type of flowers you have chosen, store them away from direct sunlight. Warm water and bright sunshine encourage flowers to bloom earlier, which means they will have a shorter lifespan and last less.
- Cut the stems once every two days so they can absorb the nutrients from the water.
- Did your bouquet come with plant food? Don’t throw it in the trash!
- Put your flowers in a glass vase. Glass helps keep flowers looking better longer than plastic and metal because plastic and metal promote faster multiplication of bacteria.
Why buy seasonal flowers?
Many of the best flower delivery services will boast that they only deliver flowers that are in season, which is great. But why? In short, off-season flowers will have much smaller buds than in-season flowers, which will bloom much larger. Tulips are in season in March and April, carnations are in season in May…the list goes on. So it’s for aesthetic reasons, really, but important all the same.
If you want to give them a more permanent accessory, head over to the best indoor plantshere for hanging plants and in this sense for artificial flowers. If you’re shopping for Mother’s Day, we have Gift ideas for Mother’s Day, gift baskets, Basket ideas for Mother’s Day and dried flowers.
For more from our business writer Sophie Cockett, follow her on Instagram @sophiecockettx.